Personal Injury Lawyer Fairview Heights
After a severe accident, you might be worried about the future, but you don’t have to go through this challenging process by yourself. Your personal injury lawyers in Fairview Heights will fight for the results needed for you to move on.
At Hipskind & McAninch, LLC., our personal injury attorneys in Southern Illinois and Clair County will pursue the maximum financial recovery you need.
Accidents happen, and life can be challenging after a painful and expensive injury. If you or a family member have been severely injured and needs legal representation, give us a call right away to learn about your legal options. Our Fairview Heights, IL, personal injury lawyer, will stand for what is best for you from the beginning of your case to the end.
Every year more than 40 million severe accidents occur in the United States, and 150,000 of them result in wrongful death. These could be car accidents, truck accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, or catastrophic injuries. It’s essential for personal injury victims and their loved ones to contact Hipskind & McAninch, LLC. in order to seek legal consultation as soon as possible.
An experienced Fairview Heights personal injury law firm is a necessary legal resource in the event of a devastating accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury claim cases all follow a standard formula to establish responsibility and the injured party’s rights. Common elements include:
- Duty of care: Everyone has a legal duty towards others by behaving prudently and responsibly. For example, it is our duty of care to drive responsibly and behave according to traffic laws.
- Breached duty of care: For example, we expect shopowners to keep their floors free from clutter and spills that could cause a fall.
- Cause in fact: A breach in duty of care must be proven using evidence, witness statements, crash reports, or more to establish that someone abandoned their duty of care.
- Proximate cause: As the injured party, you must prove that the actions of the at-fault party must be sufficiently related to your damages and injuries to such an extent that legally, that person or entity is responsible.
- Damages suffered: Any accident that has resulted in property damage (like a damaged car), physical injuries, and the emotional trauma of pain and suffering can be legally pursued for financial compensation so you don’t have to worry about mounting medical bills, lost wages, or replacing damaged property. Ideally, an accident should not set you back.
Many events can lead to trauma and injury, from a catastrophic car accident or truck accident to slip and falls.
Our personal injury law firm is dedicated to helping you recover the damages you are entitled to. Fairview Heights personal injury lawyers have years of experience fighting and winning many cases.
Here are a few common personal injury claims that our law firm can take on:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Slip & Fall Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dram Shop
- Wrongful Death
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Workers’ Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- Dog Bites
- Serious Injuries
It doesn’t take more than a moment for your life to change forever after an injury. Whether you are involved in a high-speed collision or injured by a damaged and defective product, it’s essential that you get the legal representation you deserve. At Hipskind & McAninch, LLC., we offer solutions.
We represent personal injury cases in Southern Illinois. Call our personal injury lawyers today.
Common Injuries You Can Suffer After an Accident
There are many different types of injuries that you can receive after an accident, including:
- Traumatic brain injury: TBI is a widespread injury, especially following motor vehicle accidents, sports injuries, slip and falls, and more. TBI can be particularly devastating since it can cause extreme cognitive decline, loss of physical and emotional control, and more.
- Back injuries: Sudden stops and collisions can impact muscles, soft tissue, and the discs of your spine. Your back is essential in movement and other activities. Injuries like strains, herniated discs, sprains, slipped discs, bulging discs, or pinched nerves can quickly immobilize you and make it impossible to return to work any time soon.
- Neck injuries: Injuries like whiplash can happen when your head snaps forward then suddenly snaps backward, much like a whip. This injury is prevalent after car accidents, especially during rear-end collisions.
- Spinal cord injuries: Your spinal cord sends messages between your brain and the rest of your body. Any impairment to the nerves, vertebrae, and other areas of your spinal cord can hinder your movements and can even cause paralysis.
- Amputation: It is entirely possible to crush or shatter a limb, finger, toe, or another part of your body during an accident. Some crush injuries are so extensive that they cannot be repaired, and limb removal is necessary. Amputation of any part of your body can cause severe disruption to your life. Treatment and recovery can be long-lasting and costly, and in some cases, may result in the use of a prosthesis.
- Burns: Any level of burn can be traumatic and result in a long and painful recovery. Severe burns can destroy all the layers of the skin, including the muscles and tissues beneath. Burn victims may need extended recovery in hospitals or burn centers because of the painful treatment that their injuries require.
- Fractures: Any break in the bone requires time to heal. Severe breaks like compound fractures may even require surgery followed by a prolonged healing time. Depending on the nature of your fracture, you may even need a stay at an assisted living facility if you cannot walk.
- Organ damage: An abrupt deceleration during a high-speed collision can result in punctured lungs, kidney trauma, punctured organs caused by broken ribs, abdominal aorta rupture, internal bleeding, and more. Any of these injuries are considered to be severe and even life-threatening.
Damages You Are Entitled to Receive
Fairview Heights, IL personal injury victims are entitled to compensation which is generally classified in two ways: punitive damages and compensatory damages. Compensatory damages are to reimburse you for any financial setbacks related to your accident and injury, including:
- Medical expenses
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Emergency room treatment
- Loss of current and future income
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Wrongful death
Punitive damages in Fairview Heights are meant to punish the responsible party for unusually careless and reckless actions. These tend to be much rarer than compensatory damages.
Your personal injury lawyers can help determine the compensation you should receive.
You Deserve Full Financial Compensation for Your Injuries
After a catastrophic injury, your Fairview Heights injury attorney knows that you need the maximum available monetary support to pay your bills and support your family. Unfortunately, the insurance company and defendants may fight back to resolve your personal injury case for as little as possible or even deny it altogether.
Your Fairview Heights personal injury lawyer at Hipskind & McAninch, LLC.works hard to defend injured people. We will obtain evidence, your medical records, witness statements, and more to help build your case.