Attorney John Hipskind
Over $10,000,000 Recovered For My Clients
Serving Clients in the Belleville Metro Area for over a Decade
Awards & Recognitions:
- 5-star reviews on Avvo
- 200+ 5-Star Google Reviews
- Named one of The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Named one of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 List
- Selected to the Illinois Rising Stars, 2015-2019
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers List, 2020-2022
- Member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- National Premier Top Ten Personal Injury Attorneys
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers® Rising StarsSM list 2015-2018
- Named Top Ten Attorney in Personal Injury by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA)
- Given 2015 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA)
- Named Best Car Accident Lawyers in St. Louis 2020 by Expertise.com
- Named Top St Louis Personal Injury Attorneys by Expertise.com
John Hipskind was born in Belleville, Illinois, and has lived there for most of his life. He currently resides in Highland with his wife, Wendy, and two daughters, Hayley and Hadley.
John began his legal career at the St. Clair County Public Defender’s office where he defended a full range of misdemeanor, felony, and homicide cases. As a public defender, John gained valuable courtroom experience and learned the art of trying a case in front of a jury.
After leaving the Public Defender’s Office, John spent over 6 years as a defense attorney in the private sector where he specialized in complex civil litigation at one of the largest litigation defense firms in the St. Louis area. John has conducted hundreds of depositions in over 30 different states, argued in countless hearings, and has represented some of the largest corporations in the United States. John has prepared cases for trial on behalf of numerous corporations in jurisdictions throughout the United States, including assisting a major corporation’s national counsel at trial in New York City, New York.
As a result of these experiences, John saw firsthand how large corporations that put profit before safety harmed people. He experienced firsthand how large corporations and their insurance companies evaluate claims made by injured persons and how they engage in legal gamesmanship to reduce an injured person’s recovery.
As a founding member of Hipskind & McAninch, LLC, John focuses his practice on representing individuals injured by the tortious acts of others, including cases such as car accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, and other serious personal injuries.
He is a family man deeply involved in the local community. John is elected to the City Council & coaches kids sports, including soccer, baseball, & basketball.
John has consistently been listed on the SuperLawyers Rising Stars & Super Lawyers lists, 2015-2022. John attended Althoff Catholic High School (1998); Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (2004); Oklahoma City University School of Law (2008).